Posted on December 26 2014
A little different entry today. Although we do not sell Salted Caramel on RusticWares.com - we make it at the shop, give it out as gifts and people love it. It's quick, easy and extremely dangerous as it is highly addictive.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- Few drops of Vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- Whisk sugar and water together in a heavy sauce pan
- Put on medium to high heat until it starts moving, then turn up to high
- Boil mixture for 6 - 12 minutes or until the sugar starts turning that caramel color. Do not whisk at this point or you will get the sugar crystals higher on the sides of the pan where they won't join in on the caramel fun
- Once you get the sugar to that perfect caramel color - take off the stove and mix in the heavy cream. Be careful - when you do this it will bubble up - pour it in and keep stirring. At this point it may clump together, but just keep stirring.
- Once that has mixed together, add the butter - stir
- Once that is mixed together add the vanilla extract - stir
- Once that is mixed together add the salt and stir.
You are done - put it in some small canning/ball jars and sprinkle a little more salt on top and keep in the fridge until you demolish it all yourself and give it to friends. Salted caramel - so good, so easy, so highly highly addictive - you have been warned and I apologize in advance.